1. When you realize that the word ‘susu’ means milk in Malay and urine in your own language, Urdu.
It comes as a shock when your friend says: “Let’s go and drink susu from the canteen”.
2. When Malaysians automatically assume that you are either from Karachi or Lahore. Seriously, dude, there are other cities in Pakistan.
3. The so-called ‘Pakistani biryani’ annoys you.
When instead of getting the royal dish biryani, you are served white rice with disastrous chicken sauce plopped on top.
4. When the Malaysians automatically assume that you are rich because you have at least one maid at your home in Pakistan.
5. When you are really excited about the ‘kurma’ you are about to be served at a restaurant and realize that kurma means dates.
Despite the weird assumptions and misunderstandings, you enjoy your time in the beautiful country. (And continue to miss the edibles of your home country).
For PR/Media Inquiry, contact firstname.lastname@example.org