Chinese New Year is tomorrow. If you are looking for a recipe that will make you popular among your relatives, but you are too lazy to invest several number of hours into making a perfect dessert, let me introduce you to my quick recipe of Chinese Almond Cookies. They are mouthwatering. They are crispy. They are simple. They are beautiful. They are treats for your eyes, mouth and your tummy.
- 1 and 1/4 cup of flour.
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar (You can add less if you want. Add 1/2 cup if you are a sweet tooth).
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- 100 g of ground almonds (You can vary the amount according to your taste).
- 1/8 of a teaspoon of salt.
- 1/3 cup of oil. (You can add more if the dough appears to be dry).
- 1 egg yolk.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl (The first 6 ingredients).
- Slowly add 30 ml of oil into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix. Now add some more oil and mix. Continue doing so until the dough becomes cohesive. (We don’t need a dough that flows).
- Grease and flour the baking pan.
- Roll small balls of the dough and line them on your pan.
- Glaze your cookies dough with egg yolk using a pastry brush. (This gives the cookies that appetizing brown colour on the top).
- Leave the cookies in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. The cookies would have turned slightly brown by then.
- Wait for the cookies to cool down. And then store them into an airtight box.
“If you won’t store them after they cool down, you will end up eating the whole batch, just like me.” Hahaha
Have fun surprising your family with the heavenly cookies on this Chinese New Year. 😀 😀
For PR/Media queries, contact me at: email@example.com